Due to the popularity of the internet, company owners and small business owners try to use it as an effective tool for promoting their products and services and do online business transaction as well. In order to do so, they will need the services of competent and skilled web designers to provide them a functioning and appealing website.
Truly, creativity and skills is required for creating an effective web design, but still, even the most skilled web designer need to use the necessary tools and plugins to be able to create an effective website. Here are some of the plugins that is commonly used by web designers in making a website.
Plugins Used by Web Designers
- Dream Weaver: Dream Weaver is known as an HTML editor and web development tool. This tool is originally create by Macromedia but as of now it is already owned by Adobe. This tool is very popular to web designers since it supports ASP.NET, PHP, Cold Fusion, and Java Script.
- Adobe Photoshop: Photographers fully know how useful this tool is and this is also very helpful for web designers. An appealing website always consists of images. For this reason, web designers use Adobe Photoshop to edit the photos and images as well as the overall appearance of the website they are creating. This will allow them to put layers with mask, adjust colour spaces, transparency, duotone settings, alpha channels and spot colours, and create clipping paths. This will also allow them to apply different formats and contrast.
- Flash: If a web designer is making a web site for advertising purposes then he needs to use this tool. Flash allow web designers to put eye catching animations on their web design. It will also improve the visibility of the website.
- XHTML: This is considered to be an extended version of HTML. This tool is compatible with XMl and HTML syntax. This also provides additional support to other XML based languages.
- Illustrator: This tool serves as a vector graphic editor. It has also many features like Additional fonts, Dictionary, Bi-directional Text Flow, Text Settings and Import/Export Options.
- Firebug: This plugin is a Firefox add on. This is used by web designers to debug, edit and monitor Java Script, CSS and HTML that is present in any web page.
- CSS Edit: This is known as a powerful style sheet editor and it has many features that will help web designers in producing a website. It also helps them to preview anything in a much faster way.
- Fireworks: This is a bitmap and graphic editor tool. It has many functions such as Smart Guides, 9 slice scaling, Hierarchical Layers and States.
- Browser Shots: This is an online open source service that enables web designers to get screenshots of their created web page or web site in various browsers. This is also used to check the capability of cross browsers.
These are some of the tools that are used by web designers to create a functioning and effective site. If you are planning to be a web designer someday, then you need to be capable of using these plugins.
About Author: Guest post contributed by Kerby Smith, on behalf of http://thinkkeno.com – a web design multimedia provider which focuses on Raleigh web design.