With the multimedia landscape expanding at a rapid rate and not looking to slow down anytime soon, iPhone users have become more and more accustomed to streaming content rather than bogging down their already limited storage capacity with hard-drive-weighing video files. One only needs to take a glance at DVD bargain bins taking up space in retail stores or review the increasing rate of subscriptions for streaming services like Netflix and Hulu to see that online streaming is the optimal video viewing option of the day. As such, having the best and most cost-effective video streaming application has become that much more important for the average iPhone fanatic.
Image credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smemon/5324223435/
Let’s take a look at five of the best video streaming applications the App Store has to offer:
- Air Video ($2.99). Featuring a service that uses your computer (Windows or Mac) as a host, Air Video is a to-the-point streaming app with a simple, clean interface, providing videos through a server without the painstaking hassle of waiting for video content to be shared or converted. The app also converts videos to format the iPhone or any other Apple mobile device, standing out as a truly “one-touch” app that makes streaming the stress-free ordeal most casual users are looking for.
- Justin.tv ($4.99).A compelling, unique video streaming service, Justin.tv lets users stream video content through “channels,” which have amounted to more than 2,500 since the app’s launch in 2007. These channels range from television programs to footage of a concert a fellow user from across the globe may be broadcasting live, with the app further bolstering the video experience by adding chat rooms and the ability to share streams over popular social media networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- Popcornflix (Free). Compiling a total of 300 films free of charge and aiming to have more than three times that number available for streaming by the year’s end, Popcornflix effectively aggregates top-notch, sought-after Hollywood films starring actors like Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep, Ryan Reynolds and more. The app remains a particularly reliable download, as the Popcornflix brand continues to flourish and grow as an advertising-run application constantly being updated with fresh features and movie options. And, as full-length films can take up an enormous amount of space on an iPhone, Popcornflix – and movie streaming apps in general – are all but a must-have for the smartphone aficionado.
- StreamToMe ($2.99). This app eliminates the need for conversion and syncing much like Air Video, only upping the streaming ante by allowing you to transform your computer’s media center into a wireless streaming hub to be used in connection with your TV. The app supports video files with high-definition resolutions of up to 720p, additionally allowing for quick and accessible browsing that allows you to sort through video files while leaving videos on pause in an attempt to blur the lines between downloaded and streamed video content. And though the app does not support DRM-protected video files, StreamToMe still shines as one of the best streaming services for not just videos, but music and photos as well.
- Air Playit (Free). The behemoth of online video streaming, Air Playit is a comprehensive streaming service that allows streaming over Wi-Fi and 3G using technically impressive 320 video/audio codecs, which in layman’s terms, allows for a smoother streaming experience that plays video and audio in just about every format imaginable. Still, the most distinguishing feature of Air Playit that truly sets it apart from its competitors is its ability to stream and download DRM-protected video files from iTunes. Throw in the added capability to watch media on television as well as access to genre-organized streaming playlists from every Web browser on the market, and Air Playit becomes well worth the download.
About Author: This article was written on behalf of YouTubeDownloaderSite . Use our YTD video downloader software to help you download videos from popular sites such as Yahoo Video, Facebook Video, and many more.